JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Management - SCM Assistant
DATE: March 2018
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
1. MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To support the Supply Chain Management by acting as the assistant controller of actual operations and also handling in general in-office day-to-day, clerical, administrative tasks relating to the Company’s international trading operation.
2. POSITION IN ORGANISATION, DIMENSIONS AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
This role will report to the Assistant Manager of the Supply Chain Management Division. Controlling the operations on one’s own as instructed by the Assistant Manager and to assist the Assistant Manager in administrative tasks.
Main contacts for the role are SAE’s Suppliers and Customers (mainly SAE Group Companies) as well as SAE colleagues in the Corporate Division.
3. SCOPE OF JOB
1. Delivery Arrangement (Focus will be on conventional back to back sales, but learning about the Repacking/Stock Operation Arrangement and assisting the Assistant Manager through OJT is included)
- Where requested, to negotiate with Suppliers on behalf of SAE Group Companies;
- Coordination of order placing to suppliers, sending offers to customers, monitoring and/or arranging delivery with suppliers or forwarding agents;
- Documents preparation – Purchase/Sales Contracts, Sales Invoice, shipping documents for EU or Non-EU customers including without limitation, arrangement of Certificates issued by the London Chamber of Commerce & Industry (“LCCI”);
- Proactive participation into meetings between Suppliers and SAE Group Companies to foresee upcoming businesses; and
- Physical inventory checking in accordance with SAE Group Rules.
2. Monitoring Delivery
- Checking delivery schedule, preparation of shipping documents and invoice to accounting;
- Managing purchase invoices related to the SCM operation including giving payment instructions to Account Payable.
3. Recording and Reporting
- Process all purchase/sales transaction data into the ERP system (IFS software);
- Monthly Purchase/Sales orders reconciliation;
- Stock taking as necessary; and
- Based on request from management and other departments, assist the Manager and/or Assistant Manager to prepare reports and documents relating to sales and purchase transactions (mainly historical data).
- Filling and Storing documents related to the SCM operation.
4. Relationship Management with Suppliers/Customers (including Negotiation of Terms) and Other Stake Holders
- Assisting the SAE Group Companies to agree on terms of sales;
- Special care in making sure shipping documents and labels are prepared in time;
- Communicating the needs of the SAE Group Companies accurately to the Suppliers and vice versa; and
- Co-working with the SAE Corporate Division, including without limitation, Accounting in connection with data inputting, invoicing, implementing certain methods of payment (L/C, D/A basis, etc.), and tax analysis, Risk Management as per Section 5 below, and Legal as per Section 5 below.
5. Risk Management and Compliance
- Checking the transactions that SCM Team is involved in are running in a way that risk is managed properly and operations are in full compliance with any applicable laws and regulations and company rules.
- Obtaining information of updates and changes (if any) in relation to applicable rules and regulations, risk management policy/rules that SCM Division would need to comply with;
- Assisting the Manager or Assistant Manager in preparing SAE’s internal applications as necessary will be a part of the functions;
- Making sure the general terms and conditions of sales and purchase are acceptable to SAE, co-working with Legal Dept.;
- Co-working with the Risk Management Dept. and providing upon request, background information regarding the actual business so that the Risk Management Dept. can prepare accurate business plans.
Occasionally, there will be situations where SAE Group Companies need to make claims regarding damaged products, delays in delivery, non-efficacy, and defects of products. The SCM Division shall assist the SAE Group Companies in successfully negotiating for compensation for damages, replacement products, etc. Depending on the significance of the issue, the responsibility will be allocated by the Manager or the Assistant Manager.
Observing the actual business operations, changes, and trend and considering improvement of SCM Operations and giving suggestions. Assist the Manager, Assistant Manager in the implementation of such improvements
(2) Back-Office Routine Duties
SAE London headquarters is run through a small office with a limited number of staff. The employee will be requested to help out by proactively handling any necessary back-office routine duties.
(3) Other SCM Related Matters
The above is not an exhaustive list. The employee is expected to take a proactive approach with a mind that anything that will help the international trading operations run which will be requested by the Assistant Manager and/or other senior member will be within the scope.
- Good PC skills – Word, Excel (Intermediate)
- Communication skills and service mind-set.
- Time management skills.
- Elaborateness and logical thinking.
Experience is not essential as most of the duties will be covered during the training process. Some experience in jobs involving international trading and of working in a small office-based team using an in-house sales order processing system is desirable..
6. PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Accurate, Attention to Detail
- Good Team Player
- Enthusiastic and Self-motivated
- The Ability to Work on Ones’ own Initiative
- Excellent Communicator
- Capability of Problem Hedging and Solving