Japanese Speaking Senior Researcher
Up to £45,000 negotiable depending on experience
A brilliant opportunity has arisen to join a globally renowned trading company as a Japanese Speaking Senior Researcher. If you are someone who is looking to advance in the field of research and is ready to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment, please get in touch.
· Carry out economic, industrial, and political research and write reports to executives and corporate & business departments
· Provide timely and reliable macro & micro economic, industrial, and geopolitical analyses of current issues to executives and corporate & business departments
· Monitor and analyse country risk in EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) especially EU and main emerging markets countries carefully
· Support executives and corporate & business departments in EMEA Business Unit to make business strategies by providing economic, industrial and geopolitical information
· Make medium term economic, industrial, and political outlook based on forward-looking analysis
· Help GM manage the department.
Who we are looking for
The following skills & experiences will be required
· Expertise in quantitative analysis and research
· Experience as an economist, industrial analyst, or a political analyst
· Network with economists, industrial analysts, and political analysts of think tanks, governments and international organizations
· Good understanding of economics such as Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, and international economics and international relations
· IT Skills including Web navigation, Excel, Word, and Power point.
· Good verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English
· Skills to manage and prioritise work
· Proactive person who can work on own initiative
· Good numerical skills
· Experience working for think tanks or research divisions of investment banks
· Undergraduate degree in Economics and international relations is preferred
City of London