Localisation Associate (Japanese/English)
12 Months Fixed-term contract
£28,000-£30,000 per annum depending on experience
As a Localisation Associate you will support and coordinate videogame localisation and related tasks. This includes localization of in-game text and glossary terms, Q&A management and various checks related to videogame localization, etc. When necessary, you will handle coordination with outsourcing agencies and other external partners. This role is a 12 month contract to cover a period of maternity with the potential of becoming permanent subject to performance.
Localisation Manager/Localisation Director
· To coordinate localisation of videogames and other related text from Japanese into French/German/Italian/Spanish. This involves communicating and coordinating schedules with various internal and external partners in the UK, US, Japan and Europe.
· To deal with external agents when necessary
· To assist internal teams as necessary, including Product Development, Localisation, Tech Team and marketing teams, etc.
Who we are looking for
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines and shifting schedules essential
· Experience of working on projects or work requiring a high level of organisation essential
· Experience in working with a team of translators of multiple languages highly desirable
· Excellent coordination and communication skills in both English and Japanese
· Knowledge of French/German/Italian/Spanish is an advantage but not essential
· Knowledge/interest/experience in videogames and/or the videogame industry is a plus
Fluent English & Japanese are essential