Up to £25,000 per annum
Our client is a well-established Japanese financial institution, seeking a candidate with experience providing support services and dealing with settlement and administrative tasks within the securities lending department within the investment business division.
· To update daily trades and settlement data on the Securities Lending system, Global One
· To obtain a correct valuation of the outstanding loan value and fee accrual, to arrange settlement of securities and to process these transactions through Global One, Excel, Bloomberg etc.
· To fix the required collateral amount with each counterparty, to arrange collection/delivery of collateral as necessary and to process these transactions through Global One, Euclid etc.
In the case of direct settlement, to monitor the delivery of such collateral directly.
In the case of an escrow agreement through a Collateral Manager, to monitor the reports provided.
In either case, to take follow-up action that may be necessary.
· To reconcile trades, statements and fees using various systems and statements
· To deal with corporate actions, agreeing with counterparties and the client, (which affects the loan value and fee determination mentioned above)
· To notify/deal with clients/counterparties as appropriate
· To ensure that company and BSI procedures are followed.
· To prepare reconciliations, reports, Control Files and audit trails as necessary
Who we are looking for
· language skills (speaking, writing and reading) for appropriate communication with Japanese customers and colleagues
· Advanced PC and database skills
· At least two years of experience in the financial sector
· Good administration skills to deal with high volumes of activities
Eligible to work in the UK without any restriction
Mon - Fri contractual hours 8 hours between 7:00 am - 18:00 pm