Commercial Manager for Japan
£30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Our client is the world’s largest online car rental reservation agency - arranging over 8.5 million rentals a year in more than 50,000 locations worldwide. We employ over 1,500 people from 65 countries across 2 sites in Manchester city centre.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, you will manage a small multi-lingual team to ensure that all sales and margin opportunities are maximised through setting, managing and delivering a commercial strategy. Ability to maintain strong relationships and source new products and partners will be required to negotiate and deliver market leading rates, exclusive offers and ad-hoc business initiatives to deliver agreed targets.
· Responsible for increase in sales and revenue of your given destinations
· Negotiate the best rates, commissions and promotions with our suppliers to enable a competitive price position
· Responsibility for negotiating the product and the terms and conditions of sale
· Ensure accurate and optimum display of all information across all our sales channels
· Track competitor and market to ensure rentalcars.com offers a highly competitive market position
· To define and execute the commercial strategy and to regularly track performance against it
· Regularly forecast performance to targets and instigate and escalate actions to mitigate risk
· Generate and maintain outstanding supplier partnerships using sound communication and relationship management techniques
· Research and develop opportunities for working with new suppliers
· Drive exceptional team performance through defining and monitoring achievement of performance objectives through regular one to ones and monthly reviews
· Act as a role model for the team through demonstrating excellent personal performance and effectiveness, professionalism and ethics
· Lead and/or support implementation of departmental and business projects
· Develop and maintain professional working relationships across the business with all key internal departments
· Must be able to speak and write Japanese to business level however strong communication in English is also required
· Previous experience of working in the Japanese market and with Japanese companies is desirable, but not essential
· Experience in a similar commercial or purchasing role including supplier management, ownership and negotiation
· Excellent communication skills and ability to influence and manage communication at a senior management level
· Analytical, problem solving and decision making ability
· Experience in people management
· Good presentation skills
· Microsoft Office applications, especially basic/intermediate use of Excel and PowerPoint
As soon as possible.
Candidate must have full eligibility to work in the UK as no VISA support will be provided.