09:00am to 17:30pm
£45,000 up to £65,000 depending on experience + discretionary bonus
Our client is a leading supplier of premium spirits based in London. An opportunity has arisen to join their team as an Operations Manager who will report to the company’s MD. Those who have relevant experiences of working in similar industries will be shown preferences, but if you are an experienced candidate who thinks that you possess the skills and experiences required then please do get in touch!
· Overall control of all freight rates
· Manage and be point person to all logistical providers and operators
· Authorise logistics expenditure: Freight, Demurrage, rents etc.
· Movement of bonded goods under custom supervision
· Holding stocks in in various Bonded and non bonded warehouses for drummed / IBC goods in UK, EU and North America.
· Arranging and negotiating warehousing contracts.
· Inventory management and SKY management skills
· Shipping – arranging shipments, chartering bulk carriers, co-ordinating with FOB stem, shipbrokers, ship’s agents, suppliers and customers, issuing documents.
· Traffic – booking trucks, pallets, break bulk, co-ordinating goods in and out of warehouse, loading vessels.
· Position keeping – keeping trading positions, open contracts and stock positions.
· SKU management of FMCG goods
Who we are looking for
● Good and proven leadership skills
● Proven and able to manage, motivate and develop a team
● Good numeracy and IT skills
● Good literacy skill
● Formal training/ qualifications in relevant subjects
● Very good communication skills
● Membership or affiliation to trade organization
● Able to work at both strategic and tactical levels