£20,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience/skills)
A Japanese IT company is seeking for a 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer
• Provide quality engineering services for onsite / remote day-to-day support working as a team with our partners IT staff, supporting a large Pan-European multi-branch client.
• Ticket logging, 1st – 2nd line support of desktops, servers, Cisco switches, Juniper firewall & other associated devices & acting upon monitoring system alerts.
• Provide support via telephone, email, online tickets & in-person.
• Escalating tickets to other parts of the company operations & vendors or partners, managing prompt & satisfactory resolution of support cases.
Who we are looking for
• Strong & clear commitment to customer satisfaction coupled with the drive to progress own technical skills
• 1 year or more experience in IT infrastructure industry
• Strong communication skill with clients or end users
• Good team player
• Find sale opportunities and liaise sale/pre-sales
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point)
• Product knowledge for BackupExec, ARCserve, MDT, SCCM, SEP operation
• Operating system knowledge: Windows 7/8/10, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2
• Experience with Windows services: AD, DHCP, DNS, GPO, Pinter queues, Shared folders
• WAN/LAN network troubleshooting
• Cisco switch & router hands-on experience
• Juniper SSG/SSL-VPN hands-on experience
• Vmware vSphere hands-on experience
• MCTS Windows 7(and/or 8) & MCTS Windows Server 2008 (and/or 2012)
• Cisco CCNA
• 1 year or more experience working in a Japanese company
• English: Business level
Standard business hours 08:30 - 17:00, Mondays to Fridays.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK without any restrictions as no visa support given