Japanese-Speaking Technical Document Specification Controller
£22,000 to £26,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Leading Japanese automotive parts manufacturer seeks a Japanese-speaking candidate to report to the Spec Control Supervisor and Spec Control Technical Leader. The successful candidate will support the company in processing technical documents and information relating to specification control and new model instructions. The candidate will control the technical documents in the Product Development Department with duties involving checking drawings and specifications, and issuing technical documents. Translation between Japanese and English is essential to ensure accurate communication.
· Control of specifications, drawings and other technical documents, including operating Catia.
· Liaison with suppliers, customers, and group.
· Involvement of control of design change.
· Involvement in making of BOM (technical bill of materials) & MTO chart.
· Monitoring of revision control of documents in the internal technical information database and support of system development.
· Support of new model development activities.
· Involvement in data control of chemical substances, including IMDS data checks, preparation and submission.
· The translation of technical documents (Japanese⇔English) and interpretation (Japanese⇔English)
· Fluent Japanese and English language skills.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent.
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
· Excellent numeracy skills.
· Methodical monitoring, including checking and responding appropriately.
· Creative approach to problem solving.
· Ability to analyse and interpret data.
· Ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
· Sense of responsibility to complete tasks by deadline with own initiative.
· Flexible and multi-tasking approach and ability to work under pressure.
· Open to training and learning new skills.
· Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual (depending on situation).
· Good attention to detail and pride in delivering work to a high standard.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment preferable but not essential.
· 23 days paid holiday (pro-rata) increasing by one day for each year of service (up to a maximum of 27 days).
Monday to Friday; 08:00 to ~16:30
Candidates must have full eligibility to work in the UK as VISA sponsorship cannot be provided. Temporary VISA holders (Tier-5, etc. are welcome to apply).