Production Engineering Technical Leader
£22,000 to £24,000 per annum depending on experience
Reporting to the Production Engineering Section Manager, this role ensures the improvement of process efficiency and guarantees continuous improvement in productivity. The main requirement of the role is to understand the operator processes and machine cycles to be able to improve and through lean and quality tools. It will be an advantage to be able to assist in the translation of documents and drawings from Japanese to English and from English to Japanese.
· To assist in the improvement of process efficiency and guarantee continuous improvement is achieved in the field of productivity.
· To ensure the business plan objectives are achieved in relation to product cost, quality etc.
· Timing and rating of current operator processes and machine cycles.
· Use of lean and quality tools to improve upon current situation by way of Audits etc.
· Application of work measurement, performance rating and MOST analysis.
· Provision of necessary documentation in the form of graphs, manpower maps etc.
· Provide some assistance in manual handling, and potential repetitive strain injury identification and avoidance.
· Assistance in Japanese translation (written and verbal) when required.
· Experience in an automotive manufacturing environment is preferred
· Excellent numeracy and literacy competence
· Competence in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Excellent attention to detail
· A self-management approach
· An enthusiastic, positive and flexible attitude
· The ability to work to tight schedules
· A good communicator, both verbal and written
· Good Problem solving, methodically monitoring, checking and responding appropriately
· Interest and drive to ensure continuous improvement
· Ambition to progress within this field or associated fields
· Full UK driving license
· Beneficial: Japanese translation ability
39 hours per week
Full eligibility to work in the UK is required as no VISA support is available.