Japanese Communications and Support Translator (JP→EN)
£10.00 per hour
3 month temporary
City of London
Leading international localisation company.
• Communicate via email with client companies discussing linguistic matters pertaining to translation of text and share the results of discussions with fellow in-house translators.
• To translate in-game and related text from the source language to the target language.
• Ensure translations are consistent with the source text, as well as grammatically correct and culturally appropriate for the target market.
• Prepare and maintain terminology glossaries, databases, and other linguistic-related reference materials.
• Conform to the clients’ and format holders’ standards.
• Use localisation tools as required (text files, translation memory tools, CAT tools).
• Raise any issues or problems found with the Team Supervisor and/or Project Coordinator.
• Meet daily translation targets set by the Team Supervisor or Project Coordinator.
• Judge the linguistic quality and accuracy of existing translations for the translation team or testing team.
• Perform functional, technical and linguistic checks of manuals and other game-related files.
• Fluent understanding of Japanese.
• Educated to a high standard of English language, with a deep understanding of grammar and spelling.
• Previous translation experience.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• A keen eye for detail.
• Good office skills
• General interest in games, either PC, console, or smartphone
• Good team member
• Willingness to learn through experience.
• Knowledge of CAT tools and other translation-related software would be useful
• Client-facing communication or customer service experience would be beneficial.
• A language based degree would be desirable
Monday, 8th January 2018
Flexibility to work unsociable hours – at times will be required to work shifts, weekends or overtime during the week
Candidate must be fully eligible to work in the UK as no VISA support will be provided.