£25,000 to £35,000 per annum (depending upon experience)
City of London
Our client is a London-based international IP practice with operations also in Germany and the US. The company provide IP services in niche specialisms and incorporates patent attorneys and IP litigation solicitors in a combined partnership. The company have an electronics and software practice and a significant presence in the life sciences, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and chemical sectors. The company have a friendly, progressive and mutually supportive working environment along with a smart/casual dress policy in stylish modern offices.
The business coordinator will sit within the commercial team but will report directly to the members (partners) who lead the Japan Team.
· Communicating regularly with Japanese clients.
· Taking a lead on building business relationships.
· Research and liaison with Japanese businesses.
· Ensuring Fee Earners are well prepared for business development trips.
· Identifying potential new business leads in Japan
· Developing and maintaining the Japanese language version of the website.
· Advising internally on Japanese business and culture.
· Taking a lead role in developing our approach to marketing and business development within Japan.
· Dealing with incoming Japanese communication and responding on behalf of the Fee Earners in English or Japanese as necessary
· Coordinating Japanese language communication with clients.
· Fluent written and spoken Japanese and English.
· Experience of Japanese business culture.
· Good IT skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to communicate effectively and ensure deadlines are met.
· Excellent research skills, and proven ability in leading marketing initiatives
· A “can-do” approach.
· The ability to work autonomously (i.e. without constant reassurance or guidance).
· The ability to prioritise and work well under pressure.
· Candidates may be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
o More than 3 years’ experience in an IP or other legal services firm.
o Educated to degree level or above
o Experience of similar IP case management database (Inprotech) and deadline management tools.
• Private Healthcare
· 20 to 23 days holiday (pro rata) with bank holidays in addition
• 3% Employer pension
• Season Ticket Loan
• Discretionary bonus awards twice a year
• Childcare voucher scheme
18 to 20 hours per week
Candidates must have full eligibility to work in the UK as no VISA sponsorship can be provided.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact:
Louis Clark (email@example.com)