Japanese Speaking Business Development Manager
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum (depending on experience)
A Japanese global trading company (Chemical Division) is looking for a Business Development Manager who can expand its business in the industry.
· Supporting the General Manager in preparation of strategic plans, action plans and business plans for their international Chemicals division.
· Researching, analysing and preparing reports on markets and companies to identify partnership and investment opportunities in line with the Division’s strategy.
· Playing a leading role in developing and promoting identified investment projects to the final investment decision stage as part of a project team.
· Preparing a monthly business report for COOs in Tokyo HQ and EMEA COO in consultation with General Managers.
· Assist with financial and market analysis for identifying and developing investment opportunities, including potential M&A targets.
Skills / Knowledge:
· A bright professional, with a flexible approach who enjoys a demanding office environment and works well under pressure.
· Well-organized with the ability to prioritize and use their initiative, able to shift priorities within strict timeframes.
· A good verbal and written communicator, able to analyse and communicate complex information effectively at all levels.
· Experience of working on investment and/or M&A projects is required.
· Good numerical and analytical skills with experience of financial statement analysis and market analysis.
· Fluency in Japanese and English is essential.
· Strong IT skills, including using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Experience of working within a large multinational trading environment would be advantageous, particularly in a research and analysis role.
· Experience of working in or having knowledge of the Chemicals and/or Plastics industry would be advantageous.
· Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Business or Economics; a qualification in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar A-level or equivalent standard would be advantageous.
35 hours per week
Mon – Fri: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Pension/Life Assurance/Season Ticket Loan/Medical, Dental, Travel Insurance (private – upon completion of probation period)/Eyecare vouchers/Childcare vouchers/Luncheon Allowance
As soon as possible
Eligible to work in the UK without any restriction
About our client