Office Manager/Property Manager
Based in a modern, luxurious office space, a successful British property management and development team based in London but operating all over the UK seek a new office manager to join their close-knit team of colleagues, most of whom have been with the company for over 15 years. The position will also cover many elements of property management as the successful candidate checks up on the various properties the company owns around the country via telephone and email.
· Office Management:
o Answering and re-directing phone calls.
o Planning and scheduling meetings, appointments and diaries.
o Writing, distributing and corresponding via emails, memos, letters, faxes and forms.
o Acutely maintaining the company’s digital filing system.
o Updating and maintaining office policies and procedures.
o Ordering office supplies while also researching new deals and suppliers.
o Providing other general adhoc support to all members of staff.
· Property Management:
o Covering administrative duties corresponding to rent of property tenants.
o Basic sourcing and buying of materials for building development (placing orders, simple negotiations).
o Ordering in-house contractor materials while also researching new deals and suppliers.
o Contacting the appropriate companies to deal with corresponding issues faced by the various properties.
o Management and filing of company drawings and blueprints.
o Maintaining an updated list of all property tenants.
· Long-term commitment towards the position is essential and evidence of long tenures with previous employers will be highly considered.
· High level of professionalism in written and spoken English.
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
· High level of proficiency in using Windows OS.
· Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail is a must.
· Experience of working in a corporate working atmosphere.
· Experience of working in an administrative position.
· Working knowledge of office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, multi-line telephone systems and scanners.
· Ability to adjust to a new position with minimal training and guidance.
· High level of initiative and independence in problem-solving.
· Proactive and able to multi-task and prioritise efficiently.
· Well-presented and polite disposition.
· Good team player.
o Proven experience of working for a corporate Japanese company.
o Proven experience of working in a property/architectural firm.
o Proficiency in using Mac OS.
o Administrative or secretarial qualifications.
Flexible, but can be immediate.
Monday to Friday; 09:00 – 18:00 (with occasional overtime)
Candidates must have full eligibility to work in the UK as VISA sponsorship cannot be provided.