Area Manager – Glasgow
£25,000 (starting) per annum, £27,000 per annum after completion of 6 months’ probation
Working closely with education instructors in Glasgow; supporting them to fully succeed in their business in line with company instructional and operational qualities and objectives. Through regular visits, individual meetings, and various other means of communication, you will provide hands-on and practical support to the franchisee including mentoring, coaching and training them to ensure they exceed theirs and the company’s business plans, including working to agree targets for growth and retention.
· To fully engage in and successfully complete the Area Manager Training Programme.
· In conjunction with the franchisee, proactively and effectively develop your allocated study centres, ensuring all centres in your geographical area reach and maintain the expected company instructional and operational quality standards, enabling them to meet growth and achievement targets.
· To initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all instructors, throughout the assigned geographical area.
· To consistently maintain an effective, regular, study centre visit schedule with all franchisees in your assigned geographical area and to provide timely and detailed centre information to franchisees and line manager i.e. current performance levels, proposals and guidance information on improvement areas, as well as detailed strategic improvement and development plans where necessary.
· As well as regular study centre/franchisee visits, you will also be required to engage in all other aspects of study centre activities, including but not limited to conducting student enrolments, attending and providing support to franchisees at their study centre events i.e. award ceremonies and national campaign initiatives.
· To develop, present and implement a full area annual strategy and action plan to senior management and ensure objectives are fully met within the agreed timescales.
· To effectively oversee study centre closures and take-overs within your geographical area in conjunction with other relevant internal stakeholders.
· To be assigned project work as and when required i.e. organising franchisee workshops, meetings and organising and co-ordinating franchisee events on a local and national level such as the franchisee Instructor conference.
· To work as part of the regional team on all matters in relation to Instructor support.
· To be proactive and committed to an ongoing programme of professional self-development.
· To produce, monitor and review accurate records including statistical information as and when required.
· To carry out all reasonable duties as and when requested by your line manager or any other senior management member.
· Full clean drivers licence and ability to drive.
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent such as Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (UK).
· GCSE grade’s B in maths and English (or equivalent)
· Fluent in both written and verbal English.
· On occasion, can be varied & un-sociable hours (including evenings & weekends) therefore a flexible approach to working hours.
· Experience of preparing, managing and monitoring imaginative & innovative projects and/ or work programmes that meet & exceed targets.
· Demonstrable experience of innovation, ability to spot new/different opportunities and or ways of working.
· Professional manner, enthusiastic, positive, motivated, diplomatic and patient.
· Understanding of concepts and ethos of lifelong learning and development.
· Computer literate in a variety of packages including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Working knowledge of local educational system (England, Scotland, Ireland) including key stages of the education curriculum.
· Appreciation of customer care.
· An interest in current trends in education.
· Extensive training opportunities throughout your career
· Up to 12 weeks’ salary paid as performance bonus
· Company pension, private medical cover, life assurance, critical illness cover and 1000’s of retail discounts
· Company car and travel expenses
· Flexible working time when working extended hours