Japanese Speaking Accountant
£32,500 - £37,500 per annum
One of Japan’s leading gaming companies is looking for an experienced, part- or fully-qualified, English and Japanese speaking Accountant to join their London Office’s Accounting Department.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, working in a small team.
This is an exciting new role in accounting with a Japanese gaming company producing a great number of franchises known and loved around the world. You will be responsible for the company’s day-to-day accountancy requirements, as well as handling queries and requests from auditors and line manager. Please note that business level fluency in Japanese is a requirement for this position and we will not be able to consider applications from non-speakers.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
· Intercompany management: communicating with staff around the world and preparing royalty reports for submission to HQ in Japan
· Monthly/Quarterly/Year-end closures: ensuring clean auditing by following IFRS, as well as updating and maintaining journals and ledgers
· Staff expense management: ensuring all cash and card expenses are processed correctly and on time, and handle any relevant enquiries
· Handling license transactions from invoices raising to cash collection
· Preparation and submission of relevant statistics documents
· Additional duties, such as project flow streamlining, may be required on occasion
Required and Beneficial Skills/Experience
· At least 3 years of work experience in accountancy
· Partial or full accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, AAT, ACA, BATIC etc.)
· Business level Japanese language fluency
· Knowledge of IFRS/JP GAAP, J-SOX familiarity
· Knowledge of taxation (corporation/withholding/VAT)
· Ability to treat sensitive information with absolute confidentiality
· Proactivity, reliability, attention to detail with a “can do” attitude
· Experience with Transfer Pricing
· Working knowledge of SAP
· Proficiency in Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
English: business level fluency (C1 or above), ability to work with financial documents
Japanese: business level fluency (JLPT N2/N1), both verbal and written
Education to a Bachelor’s degree standard is recommended.
Partial or full accounting qualification (ACCA/AAT or others) is a strong preference
Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK without any restrictions as no visa support can be provided. Tier 5 visa holders may apply if visa’s validity date is beyond October 2019.