£35,000 FTE per annum (depending on experience)
Part-time permanent contract
Leading digital programming/technology company.
· Translating software documentation from English to Japanese as directed by Technical Writers.
· Translate Japanese correspondence to English.
· Take screen shots of tool user interfaces on Japanese Windows locale.
· Work closely with Technical Writers to provide appropriate content for Japanese developers.
· Participate in reviews of Japanese documents.
· Provide estimates for tasks.
· Maintain terminology and style guides.
· Keep track of translation jobs and time spent.
· Experience of translating technical documents from English to Japanese.
· Speak Japanese and English to a fluent level.
· First class written and verbal communication skills.
· High attention to detail.
· Experience of using SDL Trados Studio, SDL Passolo.
· Experience of using modern Windows applications.
· Beneficial: Confident user of Microsoft Office tools.
· Beneficial: Knowledge of software development tools.
· Beneficial: Knowledge of multimedia creation tools.
· Motivated, adaptable to working in a fast moving industry, and have a clear idea of how they can contribute to a leading digital brand.
3 days a week
Candidates must have full eligibility to work in the UK as VISA sponsorship cannot be provided. Temporary VISA holders are welcome to apply (Tier-5, etc.).