Japanese Speaking Stock Controller/Supply Chain
£28 - 30K
Leading Oriental Food Company is seeking a Japanese Speaking Stock Controller/Supply Chain.
Optimising stock levels at Dutch Contract Warehouse / Production facility (Machandel BV) on all products packed at this location
· Planning production for our packed items, by regular communication with the packer to prevent any lost sales through supply chain logistics management, including Bulk supply from Japan.
· Daily communication with our warehouse and troubleshooting logistic/supply problems – Rework / Language Label instruction/blocked stock/stock allocation
· Ensuring adequate stock at our UK contract Warehouse for Supermarket supply chain direct orders
· Troubleshooting issues regarding customer orders due to out of stock, quality and delivery problems
Purchasing stock items against forecast sales for all products (currently around 200)
· Placing orders with suppliers in accordance with stock turn ratios
· Advising Director of changes in supply and pricing
· Checking costs and reporting changes to sales team and finance team
· Analysing sales to improve accuracy of forecasts
· Co-ordinating all goods in deliveries and checking arrivals via Holland warehouse
· Controlling all shipping documents, liaising with freight forwarders regarding custom clearance
Supply Chain and Logistics
· To regularly monitor and analyse the sales and stock level, communicating to the sales team as needed
· Control of Supplier Ingredient ordering
· Checking invoices from suppliers
· Coordination with sales team re allocation of stock if shortage occurs
· Producing Stock Reports and valuation of stock holdings regularly
· Ongoing training with Sage and Exact software to improve reporting and traceability
· Control of packaging stocks at suppliers in conjunction with product development team
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will
· have a good track record in general logistics/buying in similar environments and be familiar with all documentation relating to importing, exporting and shipping
· be used to taking responsibility for all aspects of their job without undue supervision, with a flexible approach to adapting to changing priorities
· be required to make regular trips to the warehouse in Holland
· have a cheerful and positive attitude to problem solving
· Good understanding of structure of supply chain.
Essential Skill requirements for the position:
· Highly numerate and organised re data entry and record keeping, with good general skills in Office.
· Experienced manager
· High level of skill in Excel essential (pivot tables, functions)
· A high level of fluency in English, both spoken and written
· Good knowledge of ERP system, Access, and Sage Line 50 software
Fluent English for Business situations
Japanese language is essential
Mon – Fri： 8:30 - 17:30
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions as no Visa support will be provided.