Parallel Import Buyer, Purchasing Department
Up to £ 45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
A leading distributor of pharmaceutical products is seeking a Parallel Import Buyer, Purchasing Department
· Obtain information on potential new products and locate the cheapest sources anywhere in the EU.
· Source new products for new license application including costings.
· Assess the potential impact and commercial viability of new products in the UK market.
· Liaise empathically and effectively with EU suppliers, taking into account cost, availability and continuity of supplies.
· Maintain a database of information relating to potential new products.
· Work cooperatively and effectively with the Regulatory Affairs department in all issues associated with licensing products.
· Maintain records of stock usage through sales, economic order quantities, lead times from suppliers and other supplier performance information and supplier spread sheets to ensure price lists are correct and up to date.
· Liaise with the sales department on a regular basis to ensure stock turn is maintained, minimize out of date products and provide excess stock information.
· Ensure orders are placed in a timely fashion so as to ensure stock is received in advance of being required.
· Ensure that records of current outstanding orders and part deliveries are fulfilled, so as to understand, at any time, the unfulfilled purchase orders position of the business.
Who we are looking for
· Background and good knowledge in the Pharmaceutical industry
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Good Excel and Word skills
Business English is essential
Candidate must be eligible to work in UK without any restrictions as no visa support will be given.