£24,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
My client, a highly prestigious company are looking for Buyer with a real passion for oriental foods.
· To search for products and manufacturers through search engines such as BRC Directory, Valid IT and each country’s Food speciality websites.
· To visit and select the best manufacturers for the targeted products. To negotiate the best possible terms.
· To manage and develop supplier relationships, ensuring that all manufacturers are developed to achieve target levels of business.
· To liaise closely with the Technical Department to ensure that all new products, ingredients and manufacturers conform to current legal requirements and food safety standards.
· To set up new products on SAP database, in accordance with the Purchase procedure. Ensure the item data is maintained and up to date.
· To ensure that all importing documents and certificates comply with relevant current legislation.
· To liaise with manufacturers and check the shipping schedule of incoming containers.
· To liaise with Sales Departments to obtain sales forecast and customer feedback, so as to manage demand and plan orders accordingly.
Key Contacts External:
Internal: General Manager
Sales Managers and team
Purchasing manager and team
NPD managers and team
Technical manager and Team
Financial manager and team
External: Relevant Suppliers
Port Health Authorities
Who we are looking for
· Bachelor degree is desirable
· Excel, Word, SAP.
· Native or fluent in English and Japanese
· Experience in Purchasing or in Food business is desirable
· Work experience in Importing & Exporting is an advantage