Customer/Client Support Representative
£20,000 to £29,000 per annum (depending on experience)
+ £1,300 Shift Allowance
Full-time, until November 2019
Leading Japanese telecommunications firm. The company seeks a new Global Network Operations Centre Business Continuity Plan (GNOC BCP) Engineer to maintain its services and restore customer networking issues to a 24/7 basis. This position is an integral & important part of the Global Network Operation of the company. The ability of the GNOC Tech team to provide and maintain products and services means that there is a large dependency on this role. The ability and willingness to travel freely within the EMEA, CIS and other regions is essential.
· Receive complaints from customers & report back to customers on the progress/result of troubleshooting.
· Identify the source of problems and propose solutions as a preventative action.
· Handle Japanese domestic services by contacting customers & domestic teams in Japan.
· Maintain secure operations and keep the environment safe and tidy.
· Set priorities and resolve problems proactively.
· Share test plans with relevant co-workers before carrying out the affected circuit test with partner carriers.
· Troubleshoot with relevant international counterparts.
· Recording relevant information onto the company’s ticketing systems.
· Escalate matters when necessary to the team and other relevant divisions.
· Information sharing within the team and training the team when necessary.
· Housing support when requested.
· Create monthly reports for customers.
· Access arrangement and maintenance notification arrangements with relevant parties.
· Update documentation including Typo3 documents for A/B end customer.
· Ad hoc requests from your line manager.
· Maintain company’s Information Security Policy to ensure the security of company and customer information according to the policy.
· Complete training and awareness sessions when requested to ensure changes and updates to the policy are understood.
· Fluent business level English and Japanese.
· Good communication skills.
· Good problem solving skills.
· Beneficial: Experience of customer service or call centre operations.
· Beneficial: Communications and networks industry experience. This includes Ethernet, TCP/IP, MPLS, ADSL, SDSL, fibre cabling, server/firewall/Cisco experience, and Windows Applications (Word, Excel, PPT and Visio).
ASAP to November 2019
Shift-based. Four days at work; four days holiday.
· 1x 08:00 to 20:00
· 3x 12:00 to 00:00 OR 13:00 to 01:00
Candidates must have full eligibility to work in the UK as VISA sponsorship cannot be provided. Temporary VISA holders (Tier-5, etc.) are also welcome to apply.