Due to a sudden growth with new business, we are looking to expand the operation team and are looking for a multimodal Operation staff.
We have separate Air/Sea Import/Export staff. This role will handle inbound and triangle shipments for Air & Sea and will be involved in assigned customers.
The ideal candidate will have basic freight forwarding experience, ideally live local to West Drayton or within the Heathrow area, be enthusiastic, and willing to learn. What would be essential is that the candidate is a quick learner and be prepared to be fully trained in all aspects of import operation.
- Freight forwarding
- Handling sea/air /shipments
- Speaking to customers on a daily basis
- Liaising with airlines, handling agents, transports, Customs, overseas offices, and shipping lines
- Raising files, documents and invoices
- Arrange collections/deliveries
- Monitoring a small, basic pick/pack operation once a week
- At least 1-3 years hands-on operational freight forwarding experience
- Good working knowledge of logistics, airlines, shipping
- Must be a quick learner and be willing to learn all areas of the operation
- Be able to demonstrate a good level of work efficiency and accuracy
- Someone who enjoys working in a team and can cooperate well with other team members
- Professional customer service skills
- Professional communicator (fluent English: reading, writing, speaking, polite telephone manner, emails)
- Commercial awareness, understanding of basic profit/loss