Technical Sales Support
£18,000 to £22,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Large Japanese chemicals and materials company based in Nottingham seeks new technical sales support staff to join their business development team. Reporting to the Technical Sales Support Manager, the candidate will develop client and customer relationships in the UK and Europe by providing full support to the Business Development Support team/key account managers and researching/developing products and materials by methods such as sourcing based on quality, etc.
· Develop, encourage and establish solid business relationships with customers, including developing and maintaining Japanese contacts.
· Provide a fast and accurate response to customer queries regarding product range, quotes, prices order status, stock availability, lead times, deliveries and discrepancies.
· Prepare quotes and product information following customers’ requirements.
· Process sample requests and monitor sample quality, safe packaging and despatch.
· Create and monitor easy-access customer files including respective company information files, quotes, orders and samples.
· Follow up any enquiries in order to encourage development of business relationships including potential business figures and collate information as and when requested by the Technical Sales and Support Manager/Project Manager.
· Create and regularly update customer database designed to be used by Sales Department.
· Prepare company and product information, brochures and samples when necessary.
· Support the Technical Sales and Support Manager/Project Manager in developing new business contacts.
· Assist the Sales Representatives as and when required.
· Ensure effective running of Company Sales Systems and Procedures including SAP and bespoke internal procedures.
· Business and customer relationship development.
· Support in new business development in UK and Europe.
· Provide full support to the sales team.
· Product and material research & development, including sourcing in a quality-compliant way.
· Liaise between UK office and Japan office, Japanese colleagues, Japanese-speaking customers & suppliers, to support the business.
· Assist in general sales administration as and when required.
· Assist in written and verbal communication between UK and Japan office for all areas of the business.
· Treat all information to do with the company as confidential.
· Comply with Quality procedures at all times
· Comply with Health and Safety procedures at all times
· Good level of written and verbal Japanese language skills.
· Good knowledge and experience of Excel and Word, letter/fax layouts and wording.
· Experience within similar commercial environment.
· Good level of typing, spelling and good level of maths.
· Pro-active, approachable and outgoing attitude.
· Good attention to detail and accuracy.
· Automotive experience would be advantageous, but not necessary
Monday to Thursday; 08:00 to 17:00
Friday; 08:00 to 14:30
All candidates must have full eligibility to work in the UK as VISA sponsorship cannot be provided.