Warehouse Operative (Picking)
£19,000 per annum
Leading international logistics company seeks a new warehouse operative to join their team. Unlike many major companies, the company’s warehouse is not a complicated in terms of its operations. The probation period is for six months.
· Contacting a concentrated but well-established number of clients
· Receiving pallets to then put away for storage and later dispatch.
· Order picking by taking and collecting articles in a specified quantity before shipment to satisfy clients’ order needs (picks are at pallet/master carton level without piece/fine-picking requirements).
· Usage of both counter-balance and articulated forklift trucks.
· Usage of articulated forklift trucks to put away all pallets and picking.
· Minimum valid license for counter balance forklifts.
· Proficient usage of Microsoft Outlook systems for emailing clients and colleagues.
· Proficient usage of Microsoft Excel for organising data.
· Complete training of the company’s warehouse management system.
· Assistance in providing certifications for articulated truck licenses where appropriate.
· 22 days of paid annual leave, increasing with years of service.
· Company pension contribution.
· Overtime is extremely rare but always paid.
Monday to Friday; 09:00 to 17:30 (including 1 hour lunch break)
Candidates must have full eligibility to work in the UK as VISA sponsorship cannot be provided.