Team Assistant / Office Administrator
£25,000 to £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Our client in a major international property development company. Reporting to the Executive Manager, our client is seeking a fluent Japanese Team Assistant/Office Administrator to provide administrative support to the project teams and assist in the smooth running of the office.
· To provide general administrative support to the office and project teams.
· To assist the Office Manager and Managing Director’s PA in keeping the office running smoothly.
· To share duties with the Managing Director’s PA and act as an interface between the UK entity and the Japanese head office.
· Manage diaries, arrange entertainment and organise travel.
· Manage expense claims.
· Organise, file and maintain project documents.
· Act as point of contact for head office enquiries and scheduled video conferences.
· Manage incoming and outgoing post and couriers.
· Answer phone (switchboard number), screen and redirect calls, take accurate messages and pass these on where appropriate.
· Pre-register visitors with ground floor reception.
· Meet and greet visitors, guide to meeting rooms and serve refreshments.
· Assist Managing Director’s PA with inbound hospitality for Japanese overseas visitors and ad hoc duties.
· Manage Japanese memberships and subscriptions for expat managers.
· Assist Office Manager with general office duties.
· Monitor and ensure that the reception area is kept tidy at all times.
· Perform adhoc duties as required.
· At least 3 years’ experience in an office administrator/team PA role in the UK.
· Experience of working in a Japanese company (either in Japan or overseas).
· Fluent Japanese language ability and familiarity with Japanese business etiquette.
· Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
· Excellent professional telephone manner.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Positive and enthusiastic.
· Ability to anticipate needs and work on own initiative.
· A team player who is happy to contribute to a team and thrive in a small office environment.
Monday to Friday; 09:00 to 17:00
Candidates must have full eligibility to work in the UK as VISA sponsorship cannot be provided. The company are seeking long term commitment to the position and so on this occasion, applications from temporary VISA holders will not be accepted.