Japanese Speaking Network Support Engineer
[About This Position]
Our client is a Japanese-owned telecommunications company, one of the leaders on the European market. They are looking for a fluent Japanese-English bilingual speaker to join their diverse staff as a Network Support Engineer at their state-of-the-art communications facility in London’s Zone 2. This is a full-time position with generous benefits, and could be a wonderful opportunity to make your first step into IT .
· Processing and reporting customer complaints/feedback, reporting on troubleshooting progress
· Handle the company’s domestic Japanese services; contacting customers and teams in Japan
· Working within own and together with other teams, including those at other branches, to troubleshoot and solve problems
· Recording all relevant technical information and updating the ticketing system
· Creating monthly reports and updating documentation for end customers
[Required Language Skills]
Proficiency in both Japanese and English languages is required.
· Good communication skills in both English and Japanese
· Proficient user of Office software
· Experience of customer service or call centre work (2 years or more) would be beneficial
· Experience in the IT industry, e.g. at helpdesk positions, would also be beneficial
· Experience with networks and networking protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, ADSL or Fibre cabling, Server or Cisco knowledge) is a strong plus
Up to £26,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Generous paid leave; travel paid for by the employer; private medical insurance; medical check-ups; pension contributions; childcare vouchers; friend introduction bonus scheme; training trips
Monday to Friday; 09:00 to 17:30
London, Zone 2
Applicants will need to be in possession of a valid UK working visa, as no visa sponsorship is provided. Applicants on short-term visas may be considered, please ask.