Senior Japanese Language Fashion E-Commerce Editor
Up to £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
International and rapidly expanding online fashion brand has opened a new role and are currently seeking a Japanese-Speaking Senior Deputy Editor for their Global Product Content Team. Reporting to the Global Product Copy Manager, the company seeks someone who is truly passionate about the fashion industry and with knowledge of marketing towards the Japanese audience. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of the brand’s Japanese language product page content globally.
· Editing and proofreading pre-translated materials provided by external agencies to the highest standards of accuracy (including product descriptions, titles, sizing and fit details) and provide feedback as required.
· Ensuring translations are clear, precise and maintaining a modern-luxury style in line with the brand’s tone of voice by checking accuracy, grammar, consistency, etc. in a timely manner and completing a final check once the product is live (amending if necessary).
· Recruiting and managing a team of junior sub-editors based in overseas offices by providing regular feedback and annual performance reviews.
· Working closely with the Japanese Chief Product Sub-Editor and creating a seamless translation workflow.
· Working closely with the English language editors to ensure that any style changes or amendments are aligned across all international sites.
· Conducting and coordinating regular audits across the site.
· Helping to continually develop the team’s brand knowledge.
· Inspiring junior sub-editors with regular feedback, workshops, trainings and trend research.
· Booking, training and supporting any freelance Japanese sub-editors as and when required.
· Supporting the studio manager and editorial/marketing team with any ad-hoc requests.
· Meeting daily upload targets to be measured both on volume and content accuracy/quality.
· Fluent and engaging Japanese and English language communication skills (particularly in written language).
· Experience in management of a small team.
· Experience in translating/editing high-quality content in the fashion and digital sectors (particularly English to Japanese).
· Experience using software including CMS, Outlook and Excel.
· Knowledge of the Japanese e-commerce market.
· Knowledge and passion for fashion including major designers and trends.
· Ability to organise and to meet extremely strict daily deadlines under pressure while maintaining a production mind-set.
· Ability to work flexibly and well in a fast-paced digital environment.
· Ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail.
Monday to Friday; 09:00 to 17:30
A flexible approach to working hours is required as overtime may be required.
Candidates must have full eligibility to work in the UK as VISA sponsorship cannot be provided. The client is seeking long-term commitment and so unfortunately applications from temporary VISA holders (Tier-5, etc.) cannot be accepted.