Japanese Speaking BCP Support Engineer (Shift)
[About This Position]
Our client is a Japanese-owned telecommunications company, one of the leaders on the European market. They are looking for a fluent Japanese-English bilingual speaker to join their diverse staff as a BCP Support Engineer at their state-of-the-art communications facility in London’s Zone 2. This is a full-time position with 4/4 shift work. Employees will have a choice between 1 early and 4 late shifts, with after-hours transport home paid for by the company. This is a wonderful opportunity to make your first step into IT – applicants on working holiday visas are welcome.
£20,000 to £22,000 without prior IT experience
£25,000 to £29,000 with IT experience
Working in 4/4 shifts
12-hour rotations; 1 early shift (8am to 8pm) and 4 late shifts (12pm to 12am or 1pm to 1am)
Each rotation includes a 3-4 hour break. For employees working late shifts, the company covers the taxi fare home.
London, Zone 2
· Processing and reporting customer complaints/feedback, reporting on troubleshooting progress
· Handle the company’s domestic Japanese services; contacting customers and teams in Japan
· Working within own and together with other teams, including those at other branches, to troubleshoot and solve problems
· Recording all relevant technical information and updating the ticketing system
· Creating monthly reports and updating documentation for end customers
· Good communication skills in both English and Japanese
· Experience of customer service or call centre work (2 years or more) for the lower pay level
· Experience in the IT industry, e.g. at helpdesk positions, for the higher pay level
· Experience with networks and networking protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, ADSL or Fibre cabling, Server or Cisco knowledge) is a strong plus
[Required Language Skills]
Proficiency in both Japanese and English languages is required.
Applicants will need to be in possession of a valid UK working visa. Candidates on YMS visas should first contact us to discuss suitability.