Up to £21,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Luxury ecommerce fashion and lifestyle brand seeks a new experienced and specialised Japanese designer/artworker to join the newly set up Japanese desk in their large central London office to assist with marketing their digital and print materials towards the Japanese market.
· Working directly from existing design frameworks and artworking design files into Japanese language.
· Creating the artwork for a high volume of Japanese-language emails and marketing promotions in line with the company’s style guidelines.
· Handling a high volume of digital and print media projects under supervision of a senior designer.
· Occasional additional design work for other marketing projects similarly following the same guidelines.
· Ensuring the company’s editorial, merchandising and sales content is brought to life with unique, user-friendly, high quality design.
· Adapting English-language emails, affiliates, marketing and promotional copy for the Japanese-market.
· Working alongside with Japanese language editors and translators to ensure quality is of the highest standard.
· Liaising with the wider global content team, the Japanese-language management team and the external translation agency to ensure a smooth translation workflow.
· Working closely with content developers in the technology team to ensure the company’s Japanese site and app meets the expectations and design requirements for the Japanese market
· Performing quality assurance (QA) across multiple browsers and devices to ensure accuracy of content and functionality across the company’s website.
· Liaising with an external translation team for occasional assistance during busy periods.
· Fluent in Japanese and English with extensive knowledge of Japanese marketing both as a consumer and creator.
· Experience in a digital design role in the fashion/ecommerce sector is essential (including digital and print media projects).
· Outstanding Adobe Creative Suite knowledge (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, CMS, and so on).
· Knowledge of and enthusiasm for fashion, designers, brands and eCommerce (particularly related to Japan).
· Enthusiasm and flexible approach to working in a fast-paced digital environment.
· Ability to manage a high volume of projects simultaneously.
· Ability to organise and meet strict deadlines by managing one’s workload within a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
· Ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail.
Monday to Friday; 09:00 to 17:30
Candidates must have full eligibility to work in the UK as VISA sponsorship cannot be provided. Temporary VISA holders (Tier-5 YMS, etc.) are welcome to apply providing you have a minimum of 12 months remaining on your VISA.
How to Apply
All interested candidates must apply with both an English CV and a portfolio of their design work.