Senior Treasury Operations Assistant
£25,000 to £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Central London, UK
Our client is a global trading corporation and is currently seeking a new senior treasury operations assistant in their finance department. While the company has around sixty employees in their UK office, the successful candidate will work closely in a team of two with the treasury manager to provide all round treasury operations support and finance administration for the sales departments with a large emphasis on efficiency and accuracy.
· Accurate and timely processing of general ledger and journal entries (including payments; receipts; deposit and loan entries/rollovers/maturities; discounts; account transfers).
· Assistance in the investigation and reconciliation of company ledgers against bank ledgers.
· Supporting with BACS, payment and trade transaction inquiries, etc.
· Daily monitoring of banking facilities and entering payment instructions onto the online banking systems for subsequent approval and release.
· Aiding in cash management processes including reconciliations and period end close.
· Covering departmental responsibilities in the absence of the manager.
· Ensuring procedures are being completed in accordance to internal risk and control standards.
· Support with group reporting requirements.
· Support with ongoing financial accounts projects and continuous improvement of processes and controls (e.g. Financial Technology).
· Applying new procedures in line with regulatory changes.
· Booking of foreign exchange contracts.
· Maintaining strong working relationships with banks and other internal and external parties on a daily basis.
· Preparing Bill of Exchange and bank schedules for collections and document negotiation under letters of credit and monitoring of files for acceptance/payment.
· Collating data into spreadsheets.
· General administration duties (filing; mailing; scanning; faxing; photocopying).
· Essential: Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP.
· Essential: Proven experience of time and task management with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Systematic attitude towards work processes.
· Extensive knowledge of various trade documents (letters of credit and collections; foreign exchange and bank payment procedures)
· Ability to work autonomously.
· Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Cooperative, flexible and a holding positive attitude.
· Outstanding numerical skills (relevant qualifications advantageous).
· Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
· Discretionary annual performance related bonus.
· Medical insurance.
· Company pension.
· Paid overtime where applicable (generally overtime should not be required due to strict daily deadlines).
· Training opportunities to develop existing experience and understanding of the corporation’s business structure and transactions across Europe.
Monday to Friday; 09:00 to 17:00
All candidates must have full, permanent eligibility to work in the UK as VISA sponsorship cannot be provided.