Research and evaluate prospective assets for the European fund of funds (FoF) portfolio with a focus on high quality, income yielding and growth opportunity in real asset; gauging fund manager’s ability to design and execute strategic diversified investment plan.
· Develop investment policies and procedures to maximise the risk adjusted return for investor; evaluate and assess a variety of risk throughout all stages of investment process.
· Conduct site visits to meet with members of each sponsor’s primary functional group; tour representative assets within the prospective fund or manager by the sponsor.
· Assess asset quality and viability; conduct comprehensive due diligence and liaise with legal & tax counsel to negotiate protective and preferential terms; advise investor and respond to related concern.
· Identify events that may impact FoF performance for immediate reporting to investor; present quarterly performance report and market view updates to investment committee members.
· Communicate with and participate in key trade/industry groups to remain apprised of real-time events, capital market trends and transactions; liaise with industry sources and real estate asset management business partners to build sponsor relationships and facilitate access to deal and information.
Who we are looking for
· Strong academic background in finance, economics, real estate or related field with advanced studies and/or certification in Real Estate Development, CFA preferred.
· At least 5-8 years of experience in European real estate fund investment with an understanding of leasing practices/standards by jurisdiction.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required.
· Strong command of MS office software, advanced Excel and financial modelling applications; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research tools.
· Outstanding analytical, written and verbal communication skills required; ability to see quality of assets and feasibility strategy.
· Detail oriented, pro-active and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team.
· A flexible team player able to adapt to change.
Right to work in the UK
A major Japanese financial institution