JOB DESCRIPTION- Purchasing Assistant
Report to: Purchasing Manager
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities:
1. Check shipping line freight rates monthly, negotiating competitive prices and also verifying correct rates with each container.
2. Obtain and check necessary shipping documents from suppliers for forthcoming purchase orders.
3. Provide shipping documents to forwarders, no later than 2 weeks before ETA.
4. Receive container schedule from forwarders, update SAP and a shared file accordingly.
5. Update SAP with accurate shipping details such as quantity loaded and BBD.
6. Get the bills of exchange signed by directors and send them back to the bank
7. Issue Cost Work Sheet
8. Input landed cost and AP invoice into SAP
9. Report to buyers if extra charges have occurred, such as rent or exam fee.
10. File the paperwork (purchase orders, shipping documents, delivery notes, etc)
11. File and save import documents
12. Apply rice and flour licence.
13. Raise payment request forms for each PO.
14. Post samples to suppliers.
15. Support buyers for various issues.
16. Ad hoc tasks
Key Contacts External:
- Bachelor degree preferred, but not necessary
- Excel, Word, SAP.
- Native or fluent in English, plus Japanese, Korean, Chinese, or Vietnamese is an advantage.
- Experience in shipping lines or forwarding agencies is an advantage.
- Work experience in Importing & Exporting is an advantage
- Work experience in HMRC, Port Health, is an advantage.