Japanese Speaking General Manager / Account Executive(Insurance Broker role)
Upto £90,000 per annum
A Lloyds Broker and an in-house insurance and reinsurance Broker for a large Japanese company. A large percentage of the businesses they handle are involved in power generation, oil and gas, agrichemicals and heavy plant leasing, which have complex and interesting needs.
The role encompasses insurance and reinsurance activities, so a knowledge of “commercial/office combined” insurance as well as Marine Cargo, Credit/Political risk, Public/ Product Liability, Director and Officers, plus facultative reinsurance practices is valuable.
Account management for a range of parent company subsidiary and shareholder businesses. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Visit clients nationally and internationally.
- Liaise with group offices to determine achievable and realistic strategy to deliver to client.
- Structure insurance solutions to meet client requirements.
- Direct negotiation and placement of risks with the domestic and international (re)insurance market.
- Handle claims from start to final settlement and co-ordinate all involved parties (loss adjusters, insurer consultants, experts and clients).
- Produce and issue insurance documentation (e.g. insurance/reinsurance slips for placement, debit & credit note to insurers & clients for premium & claim collection, endorsement slip etc.)
- Input account processing data into “Brokasure” (a broker’s support platform for accounting and processing of premiums and claims funds).
- Liaise with Xchanging (the finance handling service provider for majority of London insurance markets).
- Create detailed spreadsheets to allocate premiums across insurers and reinsurers and the various company group offices.
- Controls marketing activities in London and associated markets. In addition, coordinate marketing activities of group offices to deliver on placement and client targets.
- Heading team members towards the goals of company
Plus new business development.
- Acts as a team player – collaborate and support colleagues and peers across the organisation, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Results Oriented and Flexible - Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals based locally or at our oversea branches.
- Communication - Able to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally.
Key skills and experience required
- Good knowledge of the various markets the company operates in especially industrial businesses.
- Experience in Marine Cargo, Credit/Political, Office Combined placements and its administration works.
- Contract review and due diligence knowledge desirable.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building and problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture.
- Good presentation skills.
- Fluent in English and Japanese, oral and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
35 hours per week
Mon – Fri: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Company pension scheme, Medical & Health Insurance, Life Insurance
1st Jun 2019
Eligible to work in the UK without any restriction
About our client
Trade industry / Insurance industry