Salary : £32,000 – 34,000 per annum dependent on experience. Discretionary annual performance related bonus. Medical insurance and company pension. Overtime payable as per the requirements of the role.
Job Type : Full-time, Permanent
Hours of Work : 9am – 5pm
Location : City of London
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Asset Management administration for a group of investment companies
· Liaison and coordination with third party contractors who carry out book keeping, accounting, auditing and taxation services for the investment companies
· Ensure accuracy of management data including analysis and understanding of variance.
· Liaison with head office in Japan and dealing promptly with requests and queries. Monthly and biannual management accounting and reports with support of external third party contractors
· Payment processing and liaison with the banks and ensuring payment control
· Coordination with external third-party contractors to ensure statutory compliance
· Tax filing and auditing – corporation and VAT with support from external contractors
· VAT processing on a quarterly basis
· Attendance at Board Meetings in Europe including note taking, coordination and administration of the meetings (up to 4 times per year).
· Support with preparation of the annual budget
· Ensuring accurate and up to date data is recorded at Companies House
· Other ad hoc administrative jobs as required
Skills and Experience:
Strong Excel and IT skills
Understanding of accounts and taxation (VAT/ Corporate tax).
Strong data analysis and variance analysis skills.
Good time and task management with the ability to work to tight deadlines
Systematic attitude to work and processes
Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
Excellent customer service and liaison skills
Cooperative, flexible and “Can do” attitude
Accurate and proven numerical skills
Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
Japanese - desirable