Support and learn all aspects of new, renewal and prospective business from marketing and solicitation of accounts to financial research/analysis presentation, budget and revenue exhibits, formal documentation execution, management of accounting/claims/contract issues.
· Support Senior Vice Presidents and Vice Presidents with client’s and reinsurers presentation.
· Assist in producing new programs to meet clients' needs, placing business with client-approved reinsurers.
· Cost/expenses control in order to maximize firm’s profits.
· Oversee the timely production of appropriate account/program documents.
· Follow-up on contractual documentation, ensuring the timely flow of materials.
· Monitor accounting (payments, collections, etc.), anticipating and preventing problems when possible.
· Client’s enquiries handling in timely manner.
· Networking with reinsurers, clients, colleagues and other operating companies as required.
· Continuous development of the knowledge of reinsurers capability and to provide assistance to more senior staff by liaising with other relevant departments as required.
· Document all external correspondence and telephone conversations in accordance with firm’s procedure and rules.
· Timely report to the management on issues, progress.
· Perform other job-related duties assigned
Skills & Experience
· Business level of Japanese both verbal and written is essential
· Undergraduate (or equivalent) qualification to a 2.1 standard or above. Preferred subjects: Business, Economics, Maths, but others will be considered
· Able to work both independently as well as part of a cohesive team
· Strong verbal and writing skills for complex communications (presentations, negotiations, etc.) with clients, markets and colleagues at many levels.
· Demonstrable experience within Financial services background with Reinsurance/Insurance preferable
· Broad understanding of insurance/reinsurance
· Good interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client, reinsurer and internal relationships.