Job Title: Account Handler
Salary: £30K – 35K per annum (negotiable)
Reporting to: Assistant to General Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible
A Lloyds Broker and an in-house insurance and reinsurance Broker for a large Japanese company. A large percentage of the businesses they handle are involved in trades, power generation, oil and gas, agrochemicals, which have complex and interesting needs.
The role encompasses insurance activities, so a knowledge of general insurance, mainly office insurance and commercial combined insurance as well as Marine Cargo, Credit/Political risk, Public/ Product Liability, Director and Officers Liability etc..
Account management for a range of parent company subsidiary and shareholder businesses. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Visit clients nationally and internationally.
- Liaise with group offices to determine achievable and realistic strategy to deliver to client.
- Structure insurance solutions to meet client requirements.
- Direct negotiation and placement of risks with the domestic and international (re)insurance market.
- Handle claims from start to final settlement and co-ordinate all involved parties (loss adjusters, insurer consultants, experts and clients).
- Produce and issue insurance documentation (e.g. insurance slips for placement, debit & credit note to insurers & clients for premium & claim collection, endorsement slip etc.)
- Input account processing data into “Brokasure” (a broker’s support platform for accounting and processing of premiums and claims funds).
- Liaise with Xchanging (the finance handling service provider for majority of London insurance markets).
- Create detailed spreadsheets to allocate premiums across insurers and the various company group offices.
- Controls marketing activities in London and associated markets. In addition, coordinate marketing activities of group offices to deliver on placement and client targets.
- Acts as a team player – collaborate and support colleagues and peers across the organisation, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Results Oriented and Flexible - Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle -multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals based locally or at our oversea branches.
- Stakeholder Management - Able to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- Understanding cultural mix with Japan – Able to work with members with different background, especially Japan. Parent company is Japanese company and sister companies are in Tokyo and Singapore. Almost all clients are company related and Japanese related companies. Japanese speaking persons use Japanese in office or for communicating with related parties, if necessary. (Candidates are not requested to use or understand Japanese.)
- Flexible attitude toward new assignment or new challenge
Key skills and experience required
- Good knowledge of the various markets the company operates in especially industrial businesses.
- Experience in Office Insurance and Commercial Combined insurance, Marine Cargo, Credit/Political, Product/Public Liability placements, claim handling and its administration works.
- Contract review and due diligence knowledge desirable.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building and problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture.
- Good presentation skills.
- Fluent in English oral and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK as the Company is not able to support visa applications.