Cargo Operations Agent
A Major Japanese Airline
Cargo Operations Agent
Working on a roster basis with a combination of early and late shifts.
Hours of business are from 05:00-14:00, 11:00–20:00 to 12:30-2200 - subject to change. Shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
2year Fixed Term Contract
Near Heathrow Airport
· To provide good support to the cargo traffic staff, this will include;- Import’s & Export document handling, Cargo spot data processing. Dealing with agent enquiries, following processes for damaged cargo, dangerous goods acceptance (after training)
· Complying with cargo acceptance procedures which involve good communication to our customers and authorities (HMC) (DFT) etc., when required.
· Working as a team player with the business, and show flexibility when required to meet all aspect of flight operations.
· Working to deadlines and following set procedures in all aspects of preparing flights to enable safe operation. (weight management & dangerous goods compliance including segregation)
· Working in house IT systems to ensure smooth handling and give quick responsive action.
· Accurate reporting for statistics purpose and account documents and communication between shifts for flight handover.
· Work with our GHA to ensure procedures are followed, SLA are met with confident decision making, coupled with regular communication
· Assist and manage the system including monthly stock control and rotation.
· Eventually to be trained to check acceptance of documents and freight for dangerous goods. Training level is to obtain a Category 6.
· Learn the key processes (Flight arrival handling and document distribution) of Import & Export Cargo management.
- Prior Cargo Operations experience preferred
- All candidates must be able to obtain an airside security pass which includes DBS clearance to obtain an Airside Pass
- Current full driving licence
- Able to understand and follow manuals when required. Training on an OJT basis is applied
- Reasonable levels of computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Able to demonstrate a flexible attitude towards work
Proficiency in English languages is required.
Applicants will need to be in possession of a valid UK working visa, as no visa sponsorship is provided.