• Execution of administrative duties in an effective manner
· Coordination of multiple administrative duties efficiently
· Facilitation of a professional office environment
• Maintenance of accurate clerical, legal and financial records
· Conduct diary meetings for the President, Director General and Executive Team to discuss upcoming engagements, events and activities
· Responsible for internal meeting’s structure and send Outlook invitations, prepare for, circulate agendas and minute recurring internal meetings
· Design, implement and regulate office operational policies and procedures to activities.
· Manage the recording and scheduling of contractual agreements.
· Liaise with internal & external stakeholders including the Embassy and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo to schedule meetings with President & Director General as required.
· Along with office administrator answers phone call enquiries and manage responses to info inbox queries in her absence.
· Create itineraries and PowerPoint presentations for President & Director General as required
· Assist President & Director General in responding to queries, phone calls and invitations by taking forward such contact as appropriate including liaise with Retail, Restaurant and other internal colleagues to find out information.
· Ensure the President & Director General and executive team are fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements they are involved in as necessary
· Prepare correspondence on behalf of the President & Director General, including the drafting of general replies
· Ad hoc research/assistance with projects for President & Director General and executive team
· Ensure guests meeting with the President & Director General and executive team are well taken care of
· Line Management of Office Assistant
· Act as Secretary to the Directorate Group, ensuring that the agenda and papers for weekly meetings are prepared on time and to a high standard
· Director General
· Executive team
· Operational teams for Programming, PR & Communications, Corporate Development, and Operations
· Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Japan)
· Embassy of Japan in London
· Japan House London Trust
· Steering Committee
· Retail and Restaurant Partners
· Other Suppliers and Contractors
§ Appropriate tertiary qualification (e.g. diploma in Business Administration, or related business management field) or equivalent
§ Additional training and / or supplementary courses completed in associated administrative, clerical, finance, project management or business areas also advantageous
§ Knowledge of accounting, budgeting and other financial practices
§ High level of proficiency in full MS Office suite
§ Use of other software systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics, beneficial
§ At least 5 years’ professional experience in an administrative or secretarial role with responsibility for executive-level correspondence, administration, travel and diary management
§ Exposure to sector (Museum, Arts, NFP, Visitor Attraction or Heritage Destination) preferred
§ An understanding of Japanese culture and history would be an advantage.
§ Excellent written and spoken English, proficient to high business language standard is essential.
§ Japanese language skills, advantageous.
§ Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
§ A participative team player with an inclusive approach towards all colleagues
§ Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
§ Strong organizational and planning skills
§ Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-moving environment
§ Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
§ Able to influence people whilst maintaining tact and cultural sensitivity
§ Excellent time management skills
§ A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
§ Assimilation and understanding of complex and sensitive information.