Trainee Analyst - Equity Capital Markets
As an ECM trainee analyst you will have the exciting opportunity to develop the necessary skills required to ultimately lead the execution of live equity deals. Your role will involve collating and analysing data, preparing presentational material, undertaking analysis and research covering clients and markets, and collaborating with our global ECM team and coverage bankers in Japan. You will work closely with and support senior members of the ECM team, learning on the job whilst also allowing them greater opportunity to seek further mandates in pursuits to build the business further.
Who we are looking for
You will be part of a small, professional team with a long track record of delivering numerous award-winning issues. You will be provided with all necessary training and guidance, whilst also being given the opportunity to work on your own business projects. There will be a great deal of interaction with our Japanese Head Office and clients, and therefore you will need to have fluent Japanese language abilities (both oral and written).
· Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities
· Passion and interest in financial markets with an inquisitive mind and willingness to learn
· Strong interpersonal skills and work well as part of a small team
· Enthusiasm, ideas and high personal and professional standards
· Advanced understanding of MS Office products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
· 2:1 or above in a relevant degree subject, having regard for the requirements above
· Japanese literacy is essential to this role and candidates are required to have a high level of Japanese language proficiency to be considered.
· An Economics, Finance, or Mathematics degree will be advantageous however, this is not essential.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Mon - Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
A major Japanese financial institution