Job Title : Assistant Manager
Department : Accounting department
Contract Type : 12 month Maternity Cover with possibility of extending
Salary : £38,000 - £40,000
Reporting to : General Manager, Accounting Manager
Hours : Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 17:00
Start Date : ASAP
Japanese trading house with offices throughout Europe, Russia, NIS & MEA, the London Office functions as the Regional Headquarters.
The Accounting Department has direct responsibility for the UK Accounting function, as well as supervision of the regional Accounting function, including Moscow. It liaises closely with all business and non-business units located in the UK and the Region.
The position-holder will support the internal and external management, the accounting, tax and VAT functions of the company, its branches, subsidiaries and associated undertakings. The position-holder will report to the General Manager of the Accounting Department, and the Deputy General Manager.
This position requires someone who is ideally a recently qualified accountant with full knowledge and practical experience of IFRS.
- Monthly Management Accounting for Business and Non-Business units located in London.
- Supporting Business Units with accounting, tax and VAT advice.
- Preparing statutory financial statements of the company ready for audit
- Preparing Corporation Tax Returns for the company ready for review
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Registers
- Supporting the JSOX audit, including gathering of evidence and updating of documentation in conjunction with GM and DGM.
- Assisting with quarterly and year-end consolidation reporting to Tokyo HQ
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports, including analysis and variance reporting,
- Liaison with Japan HQ, branches and other entities located within the European, Russian, NIS Region
- Provide cover and support for other members of London accounts team.
- Supporting and mentoring junior members of staff.
Skills / Qualification
- Fluent in English
- Excellent Microsoft Excel & Word skills
- Accountant qualification (desirable)
- Good attention to details
- Can work effectively with team members
- Previous accounting experience
- Previous management experience
- Previous exposure to UK Corporate Tax and VAT
- Previous exposure with managing month-end close