Logistics Operator (Maternity Cover)
£27,000 - £35,000 per annum (one-year fixed term contract)
Multinational trading organisation in London is looking for a Logistics Operator.
Logistics Operations – mostly ocean but also air and road
· Shipping documents / Payments to Supplier / Insurances
· Daily contact with suppliers, freight companies and internal customers
· Prices Quotation / Freight Quotation
· Customs Clearance Instruction
Problem solving and working to tight timeframes
Keeping clients (business dept.) up to date
Travel if necessary (UK and mainland Europe) to attend site, delivery and storage areas.
· Receive inquiries from various business departments
· Logistics Vendor Control
· Inventory Management – Warehouse and stock control
· Logistics Compliance – Customs Clearance
· Data input to SAP system
· Support the management of the department if necessary. For example, providing training, conducting seminars etc.
Research & Consultancy
Support & contribute to projects that involve fact finding , analysis , recommendations , implementation and learning
· Knowledge and experience of International and Pan-European logistics operations (Freight Forwarding, Customs Clearance and Warehousing)
· Experience in a similar business logistics operator type role within a large organisation/ freight forwarding company.
· Customs experience within a Freight forwarding company would be ideal
· Experience working within chemical and/or tubular goods logistics would be ideal
· Strong communication and organisational skills
· Professional, polite and confident
· Possess a flexible, can-do attitude
· Must have strong negotiation and influencing skills
· Must have a keen eye for detail
· SAP (or similar system) and Microsoft Office skills