Japanese Games Company
Negotiable on experience
Approx up to £32k plus benefits
Monday -Friday, 09:00-17:00
1 Year Contract
London / City
· Localization and proofreading of video game related materials including subtitling, websites, social media and press releases.
· Doing this in an engaging and appropriate tone for the audience of these games whilst staying true to the source text and brand.
· Proofreading, reviewing and changing translated material, making it context accurate.
· Maintain consistency in translations including terminologies and style.
· Use of knowledge of the games being promoted to ensure accuracy.
· Collaborating with other departments and languages to keep the high level of standard across them all.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant area
· 2 -4 years of editing experience publishing under regular deadlines
· Creative flare for writing, being adaptable to the type of contents
· Excellent attention for detail, including the ability to understand how different tasks interact and the handling of glossaries
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft packages, particularly word and excel
· Knowledge of CAT tools, particularly MemoQ and/or be willing to learn new software
· Passion for video games. Experience in video games a plus.
· Flexible attitude with the ability to multitask under pressure.
· Team-player with clear communication skills.
Native level Spanish, French, Italian or German, with cultural knowledge of this language.
Japanese knowledge a plus
Applicants will need to be in possession of a valid UK working visa until end of contract