Accounts Assistant Duties
The Accounts Assistant and Administrator will be responsible for assisting with all general accounts tasks, including but not limited to;
· Basic book keeping
· Supporting to produce Income statements, balance sheets and cash flow
· Accounts Payable and receivable administration
· Accruals and prepayments
· Accounts reconciliation
· Provide support for VAT returns
· Assist the Managing Director with reports (for example, producing financial results and prospects consisting of income statement and balance sheet) to Head Office in Japan.
General Administrative Duties
The Accounts Assistant and Administrator will also be responsible for assisting with all general administrative tasks, including but not limited to;
· Providing general administrative support to the Managing Director.
· Providing support for inquiries and research requests from Head Office.
· Providing administrative support for board meetings
· Booking accommodation and flights for business trips.
· Ordering office supplies/dealing with post.
· Some clerical work as a member of production department, for example, receiving data from clients and processing them for submitting to insurance companies.
Any other tasks as may be requested by the manager in order to meet the operational need of the business that are deemed to be within the job holder’s sphere of competence.
The successful candidate will:
· Have proven experience in a similar role.
· Have strong accounting skills and experience (including understanding of basic book keeping, understanding of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow)
· Be detail oriented and have strong administrative skills
· Excellent communication skills (Both English and Japanese language)
· Be able to demonstrate a collaborative style of working
· Results oriented and flexible - Be adaptable, able to meet deadlines and to work with all types of individuals based locally or at our overseas branches.
· Self-motivated, commercially oriented and driven individual.
· Have excellent attention to detail
· Be able to manage their time effectively and demonstrate excellent organisational skills
· Be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
The successful candidate will ideally:
· be part-qualified accountant or have another relevant qualification in accounting such as Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping/AAT Bookkeeper status, the Japan Chamber of Commerce of Industry Book keeping level 3 or above.
· Focussed on developing their career in accountancy and would consider further study.
· Experience of working in insurance industry
· Experience of using SAGE (accounting software)
· Experience of accountancy work in both Japanese and UK companies
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK as the Company is not able to support visa applications.