Japanese Shipping Company
£25-30k Dependent on experience
Mon – Fri, 9:00-18:00
· Review and coordinate actions related to shipping contracts
· Coordinate shipping settlements while ensuring that contents are correct and in compliance with contracts, and monitor receipt of payments.
· Prepare, where applicable, quarterly/annual business and operational reports.
· Arrange insurance cover required for the vessels in accordance with internal procedures.
· Coordinate other commercial activities required in relation to shipping contracts.
· Carry out, when required, ashore commercial briefings for ship officers.
· Manage and keep an effective filing system for updated operational records.
· Carry out general administration duties such as covering incoming telephone calls, attending to visitors, arranging meeting rooms.
· Other ad-hoc duties related to job description.
· Support on business development activities where required.
· Learn and implement the Safety Leadership Behaviours in the day to day work environment and drive collaboration (incl. helping others around you) regardless of title, rank and nationality.
· Graduate with Business Degree from Business School/University, specialities in the following fields preferred: Maritime/Transportation, Economics/Business Administration
· Or, 1-2 years experience in the above sectors
· Some shipping/logistics or other relevant experience
· Team player with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work well under deadlines
Fluency in English
YMS welcome with at least 1 year left