£35,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
A Japanese global pharmaceutical company is looking for an accountant to manage its oversea branch compliance in company tax and financial accounting and to produce company annual budgets and monthly management accounts for internal management planning and control. Direct, manage and supervise subordinates to carry out own duties..
1) Maintain a set of accounts for the companies in accordance with accepted accounting practice within the UK.
2) Produce annual budgets for each company.
3) Produce a set of management accounts for each company each month together with explanatory notes.
4) Pay the employees of each company salaries according to their terms of contract with all appropriate deductions for tax, National Insurance, pensions etc, being made.
5) Chase trade and sundry debtors for payment when due.
6) Monitor and control inter company balances.
7) Seek authorization for and pay the bills from, the suppliers of each company, for all good and services, (excluding pass through costs).
8) Check that staff expenses have been completed in accordance with policy and make payment where required.
9) Be the primary contact for the company bankers and monitor bank charges.
10) Manage any surplus funds in so as to optimize interest earnings by making treasury deposits where possible.
11) Coordinate with the external accountants in the arrangement of the year end audit and the completion of the statutory accounts.
12) Provide to the external accountants all information necessary to complete the corporation tax self assessment returns.
13) Produce all the required PAYE returns for the Inland Revenue in time and in compliance with regulations.
14) Ensure the company’s compliance with VAT regulations and complete the quarterly VAT returns.
15) Liaise with the company’s insurance agents and complete all returns to maintain the general insurance cover for all the businesses, (excluding clinical cover).
16) Make all required payments to government agencies for tax, National Insurance and VAT by the legal deadlines.
17) Liaise with the external company secretary to ensure the filing of the statutory accounts and annual returns and arrange with them other ad hoc company legal changes as required.
18) Arrange updates for, and modifications to, the staff pensions and staff benefit cover for medical, life and long term disability cover.
19) Appraise management of potential financial implications of changes to current business processes when made aware of them.
20) Maintain the proprietary accounting software with the help of external support. Improve the system if necessary.
21) Maintain a record of company tangible assets and label with a company serial number where practical.
22) Provide support and advice president and the directors as requested.
1) The incumbent needs to be a qualified accountant with broad experience of both financial and management accounting best practice in the UK. He/she should be a self starter capable of working in a stand-alone situation and be possessed of good IT and communication skills. He/she will also manage, supervise and instruct subordinates appropriately to achieve his goals.
2) AAT Level 4 or CIMA part qualified or ACCA part qualified and 3+ years working experience as junior manager.
Eligible to work in the UK without any restriction
About our client
Japanese global Pharmaceutical Company