A Japanese Restaurant
5 days / a week
Full-time / Permanent
City of London
· Time management: ensuring preparation and production being done in a timely manner; ensuring the service runs smoothly and dishes are being served in a timely manner; schedule management and the House Rules implementation (including editing/updating when necessary).
· Product management: understanding of, and ability to execute overall
kitchen tasks, instructing team members the correct procedures of food preparation, portioning, and decoration. Collaborating with Executive Chef, suggesting new menu development ideas proposals. Ability to calculate food costs and control them accordingly to the budget. Understanding of manufacturing processes of key ingredients (soup and noodles), implementing the knowledge into daily operation. Conducting regular meetings
with Production Manager and solving any arising issues.
· Inventory management: Understanding the financial aspects of inventory and
being able to manage it effectively.
· Human Resources management: recruitment, supporting and training with HR
planning (including labour cost control). Understanding and exemplifying of the
company’s spirit and hospitality. Offering advice and suggestions on all HR-related matters.
· Proven kitchen management experience and skills.
· Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
· Ability to perform administrative duties such as reporting, stock counting, and
cost calculating, proficiency at PC software usage (such as MS Office).
· Experience/knowledge of Japanese cuisine is a plus, but not necessary
('sushi' skills are not directly related, but understanding of
basic Japanese foods and ingredients such as 'Dashi', 'Umami' is still a big plus)
· Ability to use chop-sticks (or will to learn/master the skill)
Proficiency in English languages is required. Basic level of Japanese is preferable.
Applicants will need to be in possession of a valid UK working visa, as no visa sponsorship is provided.