Bilingual Executive Assistant
Up to £35000+ bonus (8%) per annum
The purpose of the Bilingual Executive Assistant role is to enhance the Senior Team’s effectiveness by providing management support and to allow an effective flow of information from the Japanese headquarters into the UK office.
· To provide support for the Senior Team within the company. This would include the Project Director, Deputy Project Director and Project Manager.
· Maintain the Senior Team’s schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
· Produces information in both English and Japanese by transcribing, formatting, inputting, and editing information into the required format. This would include the use of Microsoft Office packages, in particular, Powerpoint.
· Conserve Senior Team's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence (including emails and other written information); drafting letters and documents; collecting and analysing information; initiating telecommunications, again, both in English and Japanese.
· Monitoring emails to determine high priority actions.
· To attend meetings to provide translation from Japanese into English, ensuring that important messages are highlighted.
· To update the Performance Visual Management board once a week
· Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
· Process expense claims.
· Provide general administrative support for department where necessary. To include managing diary arrangements, booking appointments and meetings, co-ordination and booking of travel arrangements.
· Provide support as detailed above for business visitors, as necessary.
· Ensuring that an effective filing system is in place and that documents are well organised and easily retrieved.
· Ensure that documents are produced in line with company guidelines.
· Office management support where necessary.
Knowledge and Skills
· Proven experience of working at the Executive Assistant level.
· Fluency in both written and spoken Japanese and English. In particular, experience of using both languages in a business setting.
· Excellent time management and organisational skills.
· Excellent Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook skills
· High level of verbal and written communication skills.
· Professional approach with good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
· Working to the Company Core Values on a day to day basis.
· A positive, open and ‘can do’ attitude.
· A willingness to continuously improve performance and implement lessons learned.
· A commitment to work safely at all times.
· A keenness to work effectively with others towards common goals.
· Willingness to work flexibly in accordance to the Senior Team’s schedule.
· Strong problem solving and decision making ability.
· Ability to hold UK Security Clearance (depending on location).
As soon as possible
Eligible to work in the UK without any restriction
About our client
A Japanese World-leading Manufacturing Company