Oriental Food Importer looks for Buyer.
Location: North London
Salary: up to 35K
Purpose of Role:
1. Working with other teams to develop new product ranges and improve existing product ranges.
2. Keep products in a winning position in both price and quality aspects compared with competitors’ similar products.
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities:
· To liaise with Sales Departments to obtain sales forecast and customer feedback, in order to manage demand, plan and place the orders to avoid any shortage and overstock.
· To liaise with manufacturers and check the shipping/delivery schedule of incoming containers/deliveries.
· To get the best quotation and terms from suppliers if required to find new items.
(You may need to look for new suppliers for products required through search engines such as BRC Directory, Valid IT and each country’s Food speciality websites.)
· To manage and develop supplier relationships, ensuring that all suppliers are developed to achieve target levels of business.
· To liaise closely with the Technical Department to ensure that all new products, ingredients and manufacturers conform to current legal requirements and food safety standards.
· To liaise with suppliers to collect accurate and up to date item data for storing in SAP system, in accordance with the Purchase department procedures.
· To ensure that all importing documents and certificates comply with relevant current legislation.
· To resolve any problems with suppliers, the Technical team (quality issue), and warehouse (delivery issue), and to support the import arrangement team if there is any issue for suppliers you are responsible for.
· To review regularly the items you are responsible for to identify any issue.
· Bachelor degree is desirable
· Excel, Word. SAP is desirable
· Native or fluent in English
· Experience in Purchasing or in Food business is desirable
· Work experience in Importing & Exporting is an advantage