Lead Credit Analyst
£ 35-40K p.a. depent on the experience
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
In this key position, you will support the quantitative and qualitative assessment of credit, collateral and credit-related contract risk. You will liaise closely with managers across the business and take the lead in liaising with our Tokyo colleagues.
· Conducting a wide range of credit risk management in our retail business, including Bespoke Deal arrangements;
· Ensuring all the credit check requests received from retail sales team are processed in a timely manner and managed proactively in line with the Credit Policy;
· Monitoring the credit risk exposure to identify issues, utilizing a weekly Aged Debt Report, monthly Retail Credit Report and the Deemed Site List and then taking corrective actions;
· Handling the required internal & external processes in the event of a bankruptcy, a contract termination and/or a credit insurance withdrawal;
· Establishing and maintaining good business relationships with all the stakeholders (Credit Insurer, Marubeni Euro Risk, Management Team, credit reference agencies and the relevant teams in Smartest Energy), liaising with managers and colleagues in Tokyo;
Who we are looking for
· Fluent Japanese;
· Demonstrable experience of credit analysis;
· Ability to analyse Company Final and Management Accounts;
· Knowledge and ability to assist the debt management team to analyse overdue debt and develop strategies to reduce overdue debt.
Eligible to work in the UK without restriction
UK’s leading energy purchaser