Supply Chain Management- Data Processor (Seasonal)
[Location] City, London
[Salary] Around 30K (Pro-rata)
[Contract] 3 months Fixed Term Contract
(With chance of becoming permanent)
[Start Date] ASAP
[Company] Japanese Trading house
[Main Purpose of Job]
To support the Supply Chain Management in general in-office day-to-day, clerical, administrative tasks relating to the Company’s international trading operation, specializing in Japanese plant protection products.
This role will be to assist the Assistant Manager and SCM Assistant in administrative tasks, reporting to the Assistant Manager of the Supply Chain Management Division.
Main contacts for the role would be within the Supply Chain Management Division and Colleagues in the Corporate Division, but in limited cases communication with Suppliers and Group Companies may be necessary.
1. Assisting Delivery Arrangement
- Documents preparation - Purchase/Sales Contracts, Sales Invoice, shipping documents in accordance with the instructions from the SCM Manager, Assistant Manager, and/or SCM Assistant.
- Checking delivery schedule, preparation of shipping documents and invoice to accounting.
- Managing purchase invoices related to the SCM operation including giving payment instructions to Account Payable.
- In limited cases, communication with Suppliers and Group Companies may be necessary in connection with the assignment above.
2. Recording and Reporting
- Process all purchase/sales transaction data into the ERP system.
- Filling and storing documents related to the SCM operation.
(1) Back-Office Routine Duties
London headquarters is run through a small office with a limited number of staff. The employee will be requested to help out by proactively handling any necessary back-office routine duties.
(2) Other SCM Related Matters
The above is not an exhaustive list. The employee is expected to take a proactive approach with a mind that anything that will help the international trading operations run which will be requested by the Assistant Manager and/or other senior member will be within the scope.
- Good PC skills - Word, Excel (Intermediate)
- Experiece in using ERP system.
- Communication skills and service mind-set.
- Time management skills.
- Elaborateness and logical thinking.
Experience is not essential as most of the duties will be covered during the training process. Some experience of working in a small office-based team using an in-house sales order processing system is desirable.
- Accurate, Attention to Detail
- Good Team Player
- Enthusiastic and Self-motivated
- The Ability to Work on Ones’ own Initiative
- Excellent Communicator