Deputy Accounting Manager
Main purposes of job
Assist in managing daily operations, staff and improving financial processes.
£38,000-44,000 depending on experience
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
1. Assist Manager to manage and oversee accounting department daily operations:
- Coordinate and review the work plan for assigned accounting functions and activities, assign work activities and projects, monitor work flow, review and evaluate work processes, methods and procedures.
- Review and approve a variety of journals entries and accounting activities. Review accounts after ledgers closed on monthly basis.
- Check cash disbursements, review cheques, bank transfers before submitting for authorisation.
- Prepare monthly management report and variance analysis.
- Assist in preparing annual budget. • Ensure accounting activities comply with related regulations, ensure timely filing of various reports, VAT returns and related items. Ensure work is performed accurately and that deadlines are met.
- Perform various reconciliations and analyses as required.
- Review and prepare statutory accounts as well group reporting packs.
- Support annual audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
2. Financial Process:
- Coordinate the company, staffing, and operational activities for assigned accounting activities and operations.
- Assist in implementing goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Identify opportunities for improving process, method and procedures, identify resource needs, review with Manager/FD and implement improvements.
3. Staff management:
- Train and motivate assigned accounting personnel
- Communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and coaching, advising, developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, procedures and objectives.
- Assist in conducting staff appraisal
Who we are looking for
- ACCA/ACA Qualified. Strong organizational, analytical, attention to details and interpersonal skills. Experience in shipping is essential.
Fluent English is essential